My Money Planet has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. My Money Planet and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
World of Hyatt credit card offers great benefits even if you are an infrequent traveler. Hyatt has a small footprint than the big hotel chains but offers excellent value when you book rooms using points. World of Hyatt credit card is offered by Chase. So it offers many benefits offered by other Chase cards including travel protections and secondary auto insurance coverage.
World of Hyatt credit card benefits
- 9x per dollar spent at Hyatt (includes stays, restaurants, and spas) – 4x points through the card + 5x points for being a World of Hyatt member
- Local transit and commuting – 2x points
- Airfare purchased directly with the airline – 2x points
- Restaurants, cafes, and coffee shops – 2x points
- Fitness clubs and gym memberships – 2x points
- Everything else – 1x points (you get 2x for the first $15,000 in the first six months of getting the card)
- Annual fee – $95
- No foreign transaction fees
Sign up bonus
The World of Hyatt card offers sign up bonus of 60,000 points but in two tiers
- You can earn 30,000 points if you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of opening the card
- You can earn up to another 30,000 points by earning 2x points per dollar up to $15,000 spent in the first 6 months
The 60,000 sign up bonus is enough to earn 12 nights at category 1 hotels (which typically are 5,000 points per night)
Free night every year
- You will get a free night at a category 1-4 hotel every year after your cardmember anniversary
- You will earn an additional night at category 1-4 hotel if you spend $15,0000 in a calendar year
The Hyatt redemption chart uses peak, standard, and off-peak pricing for redeeming points. You will get the best deal if you are able to lock in off-peak pricing. For example, category 1 hotels
- Off-peak pricing -3500 points per night
- Standard pricing – 5000 points per night
- Peak pricing – 6500 points per night
You will get a complimentary World of Hyatt Discoverist status as long as you keep the card open.
- You will receive 5 qualifying night credits towards your next tier status
- In addition, if you spend $5000 on your card, you will earn 2 additional qualifying night credits towards your next tier status
Transferring Chase Ultimate Rewards points to Hyatt
You can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points from other Chase cards such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve or Chase Sapphire Preferred to Hyatt. This will come in handy if you don’t have enough points to book a room
Trip delay reimbursement
Reimbursement for travel delayed more than 12 hours or requires an overnight stay. Up to $500 per ticket for meals and lodging.
Baggage delay insurance
Reimburses $100 per day for 5 days if your baggage is delayed for over 6 hours
Lost luggage reimbursement
If your luggage is damaged or lost by the carrier, you will be reimbursed up to$3,000 per passenger
Trip interruption and cancellation insurance
If your trip is canceled or cut short by sickness, weather, or other covered situations, you can be reimbursed up to $5,000 per person and $10,000 per trip for non-refundable expenses such as hotel, fares, etc.
Auto rental collision damage waiver
Secondary coverage – kicks in after your primary car coverage. Covers theft and collision damage in the US and abroad
You can earn 5,000 points for every person you refer that gets approved for the card. You can refer 5 people per year – that’s a total of 25,000 bonus points per year.
Hyatt’s smaller footprint
Hyatt has a smaller footprint compared to Marriott and Hilton. But Hyatt points offer much better redemption value compared to Hilton and Marriott.
World of Hyatt credit card can be an incredible addition to your wallet even if don’t travel often. Hyatt offers good redemption value on its points. If you travel to places that have Hyatt, the World of Hyatt credit card is a no-brainer. A free night at a category 1-4 hotel easily offsets the card’s $95 annual fee.
My Money Planet has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. My Money Planet and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.